Senator for New South Wales
Giving Nationals policy a regional perspective
Perin grew up in Canberra, but chose to move to the regions where she feels more at home. She currently lives on the Billabong Creek near Deniliquin — between the Murray and Murrumbidgee Rivers in the key irrigation areas of the Murray-Darling Basin — raising her two daughters with husband John.
Perin’s working life has seen run her own hospitality company on the safari trail in Botswana, train as a journalist and serve Australia as an Army reservist.
A desire to work for the common good and a background in media led Perin into political advisory roles and later, work advocating for irrigation industries. She worked for Australia’s largest private irrigation infrastructure operator, Murray Irrigation, advising on water policy during the development and then release of the Murray Darling Basin Plan.
As someone who is married to a farmer and lives in rural NSW, Perin understands how important it is for our regional communities to have a strong voice in parliament and fight against inner-city interests that could threaten our country way of life.
- Select Committee on COVID-19 from 8.4.2020.
- Senate Standing: Regulations and Ordinances from 2.7.2019; Scrutiny of Bills from 2.7.2019.
- Senate Select: Multi-Jurisdictional Management and Execution of the Murray Darling Basin Plan from 24.7.2019
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Education and Employment: Legislation from 2.7.2019.
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings (formerly Broadcasting) from 2.7.2019.
- Joint Standing: National Broadband Network from 22.7.2019.
1. Make sure our landowners have the right to farm and that their families and employees
can feel safe on their property;
2. Regional development and encouraging industry out of the cities;
3. Reducing unemployment and creating good local job opportunities for our kids so they can stay and be employed in the regions;
4. Continue to build mobile phone towers in an effort to be mobile blackspot free;
5. Improved mental health support for all regional Australians, with a strong focus on
our youth; and
6. A fair go for all Australians.
First Speech - 17 September 2019
I am incredibly privileged to serve as the National Party of Australia's Senator for NSW. Last night, I delivered my First Speech to the Senate and shared my commitment to rural and regional NSW.👇 Here is my First Speech in full.Posted by Senator Perin Davey on Tuesday, 17 September 2019
Perin’s first speech
17 September 2019
What the Nationals stand for
We believe the future of regional Australia is critical to the future of our nation.
Our priorities are building stronger regional economies and secure communities, delivering opportunity and prosperity for all regional Australians, and ensuring a sustainable environment.
Stronger, more secure, sustainable local communities that provide the opportunity for everyone to prosper will deliver a stronger, more secure and sustainable nation.
The Nationals commitment to the national interest does not stop there. The Nationals provide a considered and common-sense perspective on all elements of Government policy and a balance between Australia’s political extremes.